Sunday 14 November 2010

Pressies

Fairly manic weekend, but hey, what's new?

Anyway, I finally managed to do some shopping with my birthday money.  So I bought two knitting books, a little bit of yarn, and my very own niddy noddy (so I don't have to borrow Michelle's any more - thanks Michelle!).  I am greatly enjoying the books, Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitter's Almanac, and the Yarn Harlot.  Very different but very entertaining.  I've promised to lend the Yarn Harlot to Bridget when she has the baby.
It was great as the different parcels all arrived together so it was like having a second birthday! The yarn is some silk sari yarn which I've always wanted to try, the colours are beautiful but it stinks so I'm going to have to wash it before I do anything with it.

Next on my list are a ball winder and a swift - great baby occupying tools as well as for winding yarn.

No comments: